Monday, November 26, 2012

Second Time on the In-Fisherman Website!


http://www.in-fisherman.com/2012/11/26/midwest-brush-hog-bass/

I want to get good at the traditional bass jigs. Last night was no exception. I made a few casts but I just don’t have the confidence yet, so I cut it off and tied a 3/o hook, bullet weight and a Zoom brush hog on my heaviest bass rod. The Bait was black with red flake. After a few casts I moved to a rocky wind blown shore line. I was already freezing from the dropping temps but decide to make just a couple of long casts with the brush hog parallel to shore. I was using a drag and pause retrieve when I felt just a slight tap and my line started swimming off to my left. I reeled down and slammed the hooks home. I was shocked as my big meat stick rod doubled over and my take no prisoners corsair cs300 started giving up drag! Then she broke the surface and my knees got weak. This was the hog I was hunting all spring and I was pretty scared I would lost it like I did last season on a crank-bait(still play that over in my head). I drove the hook in one more time and brought my second largest bucket mouth ever in! I taped her at 22×15. Wow that was cool.

Species: Largemouth Bass
Date Caught: 04/27/2012
Kept / Released: Released
Region of Catch: Region 1
Length: 22
Weight: 7
Lure / Bait used: Lure | black/red flake zoom brush hog

No comments:

Post a Comment