Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Trio of Quick Trips

Last night on my way home from work I was thinking about this tiny pond which I had not fished in a couple years. It was on the way so of course I had to stop. I grabbed on rod with a blue-gill color KVD Swimjig and an orange Big Hammer swim-bait. Second cast i got blasted by an 18 incher followed by a 19 on the third. Both fish were huggin the shore and totally inhaled the presentation.

Then after dinner, I have to make a run to lowes. I was thinking that maybe the small pond was just more active then the larger lakes I have been challenged on this week. So I stopped at another small pond. Both of these ponds a guy could cast across. I tried the swim bait and missed one, again hugging the shore I switch to a spinnerbait picked up the speed and the vibration and quickly caught 3 more.




Now I have been try to fish on my lunch when I can and I have been coming up empty on my last five quick trips. So I stayed with the same plan I picked a small pond near work and threw the same spinnerbait as was rewarded with one nice fish for my 30 minute lunch.



1 comment:

  1. If they are hitting a spinnerbait why would anyone wanna throw anything else. That's what I'm saying pondboy.

    ReplyDelete